There are several vinyl flooring products available today. With the growing demand, manufactures are doing a very good job simulating the look of ceramic tile and hardwood flooring. Listed below are a few the popular vinyl flooring products available:
Features & Benefits of Luxury Vinyl Tile Flooring
Below are some of the key features and benefits for luxury vinyl tile and plank flooring
FEATURES of Luxury Vinyl Tile Flooring
- Incredibly realistic photo replication of natural materials (photogravure process)
- Brands that offer 100% vinyl material
- Inherent safety features
- Ease of maintenance
- Excellent selection of sizes, shapes
- Naturally water resistant
- Scratch, stain, dent and scuff resistant
- Cost effective
- Exceptional durability
- More resilient than other hard surface floors
- Amazing aesthetics
BENEFITS of Luxury Vinyl Tile Flooring
- The look and feel of nature’s best materials at a lower cost are a reality of Luxury Vinyl Tile flooring manufacturing
- Vinyl flooring satisfies Green building standards and earns LEED points in commercial applications.
- Meets requirements of commercial flammability codes, slip resistant requirements…and a menu of other safety codes
- Simple damp mopping is the recommended cleaning procedure for LVT floors
- The size options vary by manufacturer, but many styles are available in 12 x 12”, 18 x 18”, 12 x 24” sizes, and planks in standard (3 x 36” 4.5 x 36) and extra-large widths (7 or 9’ widths).
- LVT floors are inherently water resistant (and fairly impervious to wet spills from above). It’s important to install over flat, dry, approved substrates so that no water seepage occurs beneath the floor.
- Specialized wear layers (most common are 20 mil; some offer up to a 40 mil layer). Then the floors are coated with urethane to enhance durability
- Economics factor favorably into the specification of Luxury Vinyl Tile Flooring for both commercial and residential applications, giving the look and feel of rich, natural materials at a lower cost
- Since most luxury vinyl tile flooring is also constructed to withstand commercial wear and tear, it’s ideal for residential high-traffic areas as well as other areas of the home. Warranties vary by manufacturer, but it’s not unusual to see 20-25 year warranties on brand name luxury vinyl tile flooring.
- Because there are multi-layers of vinyl in luxury vinyl tile flooring as well as a resilient backing as the foundation, LVT tiles and planks have more resilience underfoot. It’s easier to stand on for long periods of time AND as an added benefit, it tends to be warmer underfoot than ceramic.
- There has been a stunning transformation in the design aesthetics of Luxury vinyl tile flooring in the last five years. If you are linking it to “industrial” looking floors, this is where you need to throw away your misconceptions and do some research. This may be the one biggest factor that has caused interior designers to stand up and take note of the new brand of LVT. The realism of the total look, INCLUDING distressed wood finishes, stone and slate tactile surface textures, and even woven textiles imbedded in the wear layers, are grabbing attention.
Vinyl Plan Samples
Vinyl Plank Installation Video
Installation Video Featuring Engage with Unifit by Metroflor Corporation